THE LOCOMOJO BAND
Playing for over 35 years. Studying jazz improv with renowned bebop player/student of Lennie Tristano, Larry Meyers. Conversant in Irish, Rock, Jazz, Latin and Funk.
– Toured with Temptress, Lewd Buddha and One Step Beyond.
– Session work with Kenny Simmons of the Commodores,
– Session work with Blues great Mason Casey.
– Session work with Rock ‘n’ roll Hall of Fame legend Freddy Scott.
– Session and tour work with Fusion guitarist Joaquin Lievano.
– 4 consecutive years in house band at The Bitter End (Lewd Buddha).
– Shared the stage with Black Sabbath at Jones Beach Theater.
– Opened for Motörhead and White Zombie.
Custom 24 Paul Reed Smith loaded with Joe Barden pick ups. G&L Stratocaster Fender telecaster, several acoustic guitars. VUDU Custom head, 212 Mesa Boogie cabinet, Fender Deluxe combo.
Accomplished singer and performer. Leader of Take 3 acoustic. Regular guest singer with The Red Eye Blues band
– Member of The No Conscience band.
– Member of Velvet Crunch.
– Member of Take 3 Rockin' Blues.
– Performed with Living Ends at The Bitter End.
– Leader of Women Of Soul
Etta James, Aretha Franklin , Janis Joplin , Susan Tedeschi
Chaka Khan, and everyone in between.
Shure beta 58, in-ear monitor, Galaxy Audio / Shure
Vocals / Harmonica
37 years singing in local bands. Lover of soul, rock, blues and everything else.
– Leader of The Red Eye Blues Band
– Member of The LI Blues Society
Muddy Waters, Van Morrison, Ray Charles, Little Walter, Kim Wilson, Greg Allman.
Hohner Crossover Harmonicas, Controlled Magnetic Bullet Mics, Sonny Jr. Super Cruncher Amplifier, Fender Hot Rod Deville 410. Avid gear collector.
"Big Jim" Jimbo Lange
Extensive experience playing classic, southern rock and blues
in the NY, NJ, CT area.
– Opened for Marshall Tucker in the 2000s.
Duane Allman, Lowell George, Warren Haynes, Allen Collins, Steve Gaines, Gary Rossington, Mark Knopfler, Toy Caldwell, Uncle Rich, Uncle Joe, Dad, Mom.
Currently playing Les Pauls and Strats. Bogner and
Alessandro amplifiers through Lovepedals.
Violin / Mandolin
Over 41 years playing violin, over 21 playing guitar. Several years playing trombone. Began violin at the age of 5. First violin was a crackerjack box as part of the Suzuki School. Learned Classical Guitar while living in Central America.
– Performing with several Contemporary Christian Worship Bands.
– Member of the contemporary Jazz group, Soul Progression.
More influenced by styles and genres than particular artists — Bossa Nova, Brazilian Jazz, Classical Latin Guitar, New Age, Bebop Jazz, Blues, Christian and Classic Gospel music.
Jordan Violin, Yamaha Godin Mandolin, Taylor guitars, Electro harmonix and TC electronic peddals as well as Fishman amps.
Over 32 years playing in various bands. Primarily Rock, Jazz, Blues, Improvisation, and Italian music. Turned pro at the age of 14. Proficient in Bass Guitar as well as Accordion and Keyboards.
– 10 years in the wedding circuit, primarily with The Messia Band.
– Member of One Hit Wonders
– Member of Pam Betti Blues Band
– Member of Lewd Buddha
Ray Manzerek, Jon Lord, Jimmy Smith, Dave Brubeck and Al Kooper, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors and Pink Floyd.
Crumar 7, Korg Cx-3, Yamaha MoX6, Fender twin reverb, Leslie 850.
Bass / Vocals
Started playing clarinet at age 7 through high school and achieved concert master status within the symphonic band.
– Member of the popular 90s power trio, Causticlasm.
– Performed with several professional cover bands.
– Currently in several alternative projects including metal, rock & funk.
Including but not limited to The Beatles, Van Halen, ZZ Top, Metallica, Iron Maiden, King’s X, Rush, Funk, R&B, early HipHop, and even my Mom, who performed in several barbershop quartets and choirs.
Carl Thompson 5 string fretless and 4 string fretted basses, Fender Jazz basses, Ampeg cabinets.
Congas & Percussion
Over 42 years experience, performing with bands such as
Little Buster & The Soul Bros., Little Wolf, MSRP, Mountain Jam Orchestra, and Acoustically Correct
– Opened for Johnny Winter, BB King, and many others
Chembo Corniel , Duane Allman , King Curtis Giovanni Hidalgo , Chucho Valdez , Anga Diaz, Stephan Grappelli and pretty much everything from Bluegrass to the Beatles
Moperc Congas / LP Congas and Bongos
Shure SM 57s and Audix D-2 and D-4 Mics
Andy "Saint" St. Angelo (Big Chief)
Drums - Founding member of LocoMojo
42 years, includes concert bands, orchestras, drumlines, jazz groups, theater companies, worship groups, jam bands, and studio sessions.
– 2003-2006, Toured and recorded with Lewd Buddha
– Recorded original studio tracks for "Life in Interesting Times"
– Opened for George Clinton and P-Funk (2005 Danbury, CT)
– Opened for Rusted Root (2006 Hartford, CT).
John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Carlos Santana, Joe Zawinul, Steve Gadd, Omar Hakim, Dennis Chambers, Billy Cobham, Elvin Jones, Tony Williams, Jim Keltner, Johnny Vidacovich, Stanton Moore, Zigaboo Modeliste, Vinnie Colaiuta, Mike Shrieve, Trilok Gurtu, AJ Hall.
Pearl Decade Maple kit, Pearl Omar Hakim Sig. Mahogany Snare, Pearl Masters Custom Maple Snare, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, Zildjian (A, K, K-Custom Hybrid) Cymbals, Pearl Hardware, Trick ProV-1 bass pedals, LP Congas and Timbales.